Valentina Lyssova, DDS
Implantology and Ancillary Surgeries
Dr. Valentina Lyssova is a maxillofacial prosthodontist with a total of six years of prosthodontics and implantology residencies and fellowships. She received her doctorate degree from New York University. She then completed her post-doctoral residency program in prosthodontics at New York University. Dr. Lyssova continued her advanced post-doctorate fellowship training in maxillofacial prosthodontics at Memorial Sloane-Kettering Cancer Center. Subsequently, she completed a two-year fellowship program in implant surgery at the Columbia University School of Medicine. Dr. Lyssova focuses her practice to the surgical phase of prosthodontics.
Dr. Lyssova speaks four languages, travels the world and is an aficionado of food and wine.
- Maxillofacial Prosthetics After Head & Neck Cancers
- Surgical Implantology and Surgical Implant placements
- Guided Implant Surgery
- Restoration of Soft and Hard Tissue Deficiencies
- Sinus Lifts
- Ridge Augmentation
- Advanced Bone Grafting
- Full Mouth Oral Surgical Rehabilitation
- Dental Treatment for Scleroderma Patients
- Sleep Apnea Therapy
- Surgical Case Planning for Facilitation of Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Doctorate: DDS, New York University College of Dentistry
- Residencies: Post-Graduate Training in Prosthodontics, New York University College of Dentistry
- Fellowship: Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowship: Implantology, Columbia University School of Dentistry
- Board-eligible: Prosthodontics
Associate Professor at Columbia University
Lyssova, V., Estafan, D., & Cunningham, R. P. (2008). A multidisciplinary esthetic approach to single-tooth replacement and diastema closure. General Dentistry, 56(3), 281-285.
Stephen J. Chu, DMD, MSD, CDT; Jocelyn H.P. Tan-Chu, DDS; Barry P. Levin, DMD; Guido O. Sarnachiaro, DDS; Valentina Lyssova, DDS; and Dennis P. Tarnow, DDS A Paradigm Change in Macro Implant Concept: Inverted Body-Shift Design for Extraction Sockets in the Esthetic Zone. Compendium, July/August 2019, Vol 40, Issue 7
Lectures & Public Speaking
Lyssova, Valentina. (February 2020) What Do I Do With This? Where to Start On Complex Cases. New York City Study Group.
Lyssova, Valentina. (August 17-19, 2017) ICOI World Congress XXXV, Vancouver, Canada.
Lyssova, Valentina. Aesthetic Failures and Compromises of Implant Restorations Due to Improper Surgical Techniques and The Ways to Correct It.
Lyssova, Valentina. (November 2009) Maxillofacial rehabilitation. Greater New York Dental Meeting – American Association of Women Dentists.
SPEAR-NYC, Faculty Member
New York City Dental Study Group – Member
American Dental Association– Member
Scleroderma Foundation – Lead Member
Dr. Lyssova was elected into the Omicron Kappa National Dental Honor Society for graduating at the top of her Dental School class and for her academic and clinical achievements.
There are no more appointments available for Dr. Lyssova through this website. However, her colleagues can accommodate new appointment requests.