Paul Zelenetz, MD, an Infectious Diseases Specialist, will host our Tuesday evening discussion. The format will be a brief presentation followed by an interview with the clinicians at EOI-NYC.
The discussion will be a scientific program on understanding SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, and MIS-C. Dr. Zelenetz will discuss the pathophysiology and treatment of infections by SARS-CoV-2 the current course of treatment, their prognoses, and the prospect of having an effective vaccine.
During the interview portion of the evening we will discuss:
- Various tests available, their accuracy, reliability, and efficacy in dental practice settings.
- Assessing the risks to dental healthcare providers (DHCPs) of treating a patient with SARS-CoV-2 and efforts that can be taken to mitigate the risks.
- The presumed long-term effects of COVID-19 on surviving patients.
- Lessons from hospitals and other healthcare facilities regarding mitigating the risks of infection from aerosol generating procedures.
- Sorting facts from fiction regarding the need for ancillary chairside equipment to improve air quality.
In this 1.5 CE AGD-accredited course, we will update dental practitioners on the rapidly changing outbreak of SARS-CoV-2
About Dr. Paul Zelenetz:
Dr. Paul Zelenetz is an infectious disease specialist. He has been in practice for more than 20 years, for the past 6 years as the Chief of Infectious Diseases Division at ProHEALTH Care. He recently joined the department of Infectious Diseases at Northwell Health.
About Dr. Nima Dayani:
Dr. Nima Dayani has practiced endodontics for the past 17 years. He has served the New York City area from his practice, EOI – NYC, located in Midtown Manhattan. See his full biography.