Synopsis of the Courses
In these two 4-CE AGD-accredited course, we will have discussions on:
- The concept and benefits of a “crown-down” preparation vs. “step back” technique
- The scientific basis for reduced post-op sensitivity and significantly increased treatment speed with “crown down” instrumentation technique
- The importance of good access, and how to attain it.
- How and why we can use nickel-titanium rotary files to consistently create shapes superior to hand instrumentation in fewer than five minutes.
- How to achieve three-dimensional fills in significantly less time than with traditional lateral condensation.
- The scientific evolution of rotary instrumentation that allows for superior techniques
- A comparison of the major rotary instruments manufactured and the pros and cons of each system When will the rotary instruments break.
- When to do (and not to do) one-visit endodontics.
Description of the Courses:
This two-session course series consists of a lecture portion and a hands-on practical session. Each session is an independent course with 4 CE credits. Interested candidates need to register for each of the two sessions separately.
The series is packed with information and training that will give you an understanding of the role of rotary instrumentation within the context of Crown Down instrumentation technique and the whole root canal procedure. It combines informative lecture & multimedia presentation during the didactic session (November 19th).
The hands-on training component of the course (November 26th), consists of root canal preparations on plastic blocks.
Participants may practice on extracted teeth by bringing their own specimens. Participants who have extracted teeth, may also practice access opening and locating canals from earlier didactic lessons (July 10, October 2 or October 15th seminars).
At the conclusion of these courses, participants should be comfortable using NiTi instruments in their own offices and critique various products on the market and choose one that suits their practice.
About Dr. Nima Dayani
Dr. Nima Dayani has practiced endodontics for the past 17 years. He has served the New York City area from his practice, EOI – NYC, located in Midtown Manhattan. See his full biography.